Pages

Monday, February 12, 2018

A Bunch of Trees...But Is That All?

Today I dug out two pairs of snowshoes that I've possessed for several years and never actually used before, lol.  Dad and I drove about 25 minutes away to a side road in Fryeburg, Maine, and tromped around in the woods for a while.  It was Dad's first time on snowshoes (go Dad!!), and it was a lot of fun, but this outing was about more than just getting out and enjoying the fresh winter air.

The pictures below may not look like much...but there's something special about them...












You curious yet?  :D

So...these pictures were all taken on a 17.95 acre lot...that MIGHT BECOME MINE SOON!!!  The seller and I have signed the contract...and I've signed a MILLION papers at the bank.  Now I'm just waiting for the bank to get the appraisal back...and if there aren't any problems there, then we'll schedule the closing. 

I'm not sure I'm even able to be really excited yet - it's too surreal at this point!

I would own a BIG chunk of land that contains, based on my limited observations: a small creek, a beaver-chewed tree, some marshy ground, some flat ground, a LOT of trees, at least one boulder, probably a fair bit of wildlife, and lichen.  I've never particularly aspired to own lichen before...but if I owned it, that would make it special.  :)

Anyway...I think it's fairly certain to go through, though I'm still kind of trying not to get my hopes up.  

Lol, if it does go through, then the next big adventure comes along - building a house.  I've already designed two distinctly different floor plans so far.  :P  

So...that's why these trees are special...they might be mine soon.  <3


Okay, yeah, I might be starting to get a little excited....  :D

2 comments: