Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Wednesday

Today I met with a mortgage dude.  He was very friendly and helpful, and I left the meeting with some numbers to think about, which REALLY helps with my planning!

I knew that I wouldn't be able to afford much house, and I was right - but the numbers are actually a fair bit better than I had anticipated.  Realistically, I probably ought to keep saving for a while, though, and still plan on it being at least a year before I move.

In other news, I collected nearly a gallon of sap despite the temperature dropping.  I boiled that and some from yesterday, and I reheated a small pot of almost-syrup from last week's batch...but I accidentally let that one boil over.  Whew.  It smoked a LOT!  (Although burned sugar is a lot nicer smell than most other burned things.)


Now that I think about it, I do remember reading to watch the pot carefully when it gets low - it'll boil over a lot faster when it's almost syrup...

1 comment:

  1. I wondered if the smoke detector in my room would go off... thankfully, it didn't. =P
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete